Sunday is my favorite day of the week. This is why I created this Blog on Sunday…to celebrate laziness, and discuss the Story of my life. Everybody hates Monday. People have the most heart attacks on Monday…. but Sunday has potential, a new beginning…the first day of a new week.
This Sunday was excellent…a sleep in…snuggling into the robin egg blue sheets ….husband made coffee…then off to pick up my grandchildren to see Bob the Builder, promise kept. A friend had a birthday, and although he has been nursing a head cold, he joined us with his sons for takeout. No dishes.Yeah!
My life as a Property Manager is always busy. I have lots of stories about the people around me. Although I take the weekend off, having dedicated staff, I never know what will happen in my day.
This Sunday would have been perfect except for the man who tried to commit suicide today. He has been working himself up to it all week. A resident asked to allow him to stay with him. He was down on his luck, in divorce, a child in the hospital. It didn’t take long to see that he had an alcohol problem.
Providentially my site cleaner found him wandering the hall bleeding from a self inflicted wound, called an ambulance and sent him to hospital. He had visited the hospital yesterday, and confided suicidal thoughts, but they said they could not do anything unless he actually did something. Well he did….now they better listen!!!! It was a good Sunday after all.
There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.
- Out of Darkness walk raises suicide awareness (wcpo.com)
- You Can Call Me Erma (goodishtimes.wordpress.com)
- I Heart Erma Bombeck (annefischerauthor.wordpress.com)
- [Day 37] Never Waste Talents. (365quotes365days.wordpress.com)
- Getting Started in Writing (autismwritehere.wordpress.com)
- My Birthday – Older, Wiser, and Stronger! (healthyinhighheels.wordpress.com)
- Suicide rate climbs by 30 percent in Kansas (kansas.com)